Last Minute Fourth of July Ideas!
I cannot believe it's already July next week! Where has the time gone? I've been super busy gearing up for family coming into town over the next month and I couldn't be more excited! We just got back from our trip back to MN and man did we have a blast. It was the perfect balance of family, friends and a little one-on-one time with the hubby. One of my fave highlights was our night stay at The W (located inside of the Foshay tower) and an incredible dinner at Manny's! We also had the BEST time with our friends and we all met up at the Minnesota Zoo for adult night, which they have one Friday each month. It's a night where kids aren't allowed and there is live music, drinking and food - what more could you want!? We also had plenty of time on Lake Minnetonka and I finally attempted water-skiing...which didn't go so well. But I'll tell you about that another time. Today, I want to talk all about the Fourth of July! Below I'm rounding up thoughts on food, decor and fashion - I hope you find some of these helpful! XOXO, Sarah.
Fourth of July Food Ideas:
Okay, so i'm all about representing the stars and stripes on the fourth in every way possible! I have such fond memories of large community gatherings by my friend's beach on Lake Minnetonka and I love making the food represent the red, white and blue - just like my outfit! I'm thinking, blueberries, strawberries and marshmallows or a cake with strawberry filling, topped with blackberries - so fun!
- Sparkling Red, White and Blue Sangria - Get recipe here.
- Red, White and Blue, Strawberry Cheesecake Bites - Get recipe here.
- American Flag Fruit Tray - Get idea here.
- Easy Taco Salad Flag - Get recipe here.
- Red, White and Blue Poke Cake - Get recipe here.
- 4th of July Dessert Skewers - Get idea here.
- Angel Food Cake with Coconut Whipped Cream and Berries - Get recipe here.
- Fourth of July Jello Shots! - Get recipe here.
Fourth of July Decor:
In the house, I like to switch up my pillows and decor items often with the seasons. If you're like me then you'll want to check out my finds below for some last-minute shopping for next week's holiday or if you're planning ahead for next year's cookout. My favorite spots to find gems for the 4th are Home Goods, Overstock.com, or Wayfair.com!
- This blog post has some super fun ideas like Lawn Stars, Painted Ball Jars, and lots of others.
- Blue water vase with red and white roses - in a vase, dye water blue with food coloring and top it off with your favorite white and red flowers!
- Occasional Number "4" Wood Sign - Get idea here.
- Festive Holiday Painted Rocks - scatter these around tables for a little extra flair! - Get idea here.
- Denim and Burlap Lighted Garland - Get idea here.
Fourth of July Outfit Ideas:
Finally, style. Target is killing the game right now with on-trend loos to celebrate the holiday, but I've rounded up a few other outfit picks for you and style ideas worth considering below - enjoy!
- White shorts, striped blue top and a bandana around the neck!
- Blue jeans, red top, white nails, white and patterned head scarf or bandana
- High-waisted red skirt with a white bodysuit and denim jacket
- Denim skirt with a red bandeau top and a white linen vest
- Striped dress (blue or red), denim jacket and white loafers
- Chambray dress with a red bandana tied around the neck and white sneakers (add a white belt for some extra flair!)
- White or red simple dress with a denim vest and red or white baseball cap or fedora
- White jeans with a Chambray top and red head scarf or tied neck bandana