MONTH 1: FASHION OVERVIEW
To celebrate the close of this first official month of Sarah Riley Rose, I thought I would commemorate all the fun posts shared this month as well as give a bit of a sneak peek into what this took to get off the ground!
THE IDEA: I've been obsessed with fashion for as long as I can remember. On New Year's Eve this January, I got super sick and had to leave our friend's party earlier than planned (but still after midnight) - during the hours of my sleep that night, I couldn't stop thinking about what I could do with my time to fulfill my passion for fashion. The next morning (still feeling sick as a dog) I still some initial research and came to the realization that a blog would be the perfect place to immerse my energies and creative need. That day, I setup my account, created my logo and began to plan, plan, plan! But what is a blog, without fashion photos?! - Read on below.
PHOTOSHOOTS: I enlisted my youngest sister, Danielle, to help be my photo genius; the first time we got together, I had about 7 outfits prepped and ready for primetime. I knew I wanted to have a good amount of styles already shot by the time the blog launched so as not to overwhelm myself with "to-dos" right off the bat. For this first month of blogging, we took shots over the course of three separate photo shoots. Here's a quick recap of the inner-workings of each:
- Photoshoot Day 1
- Date: Late January
- Location: Mound and Downtown Wayzata, MN
- The Details: Frostbite ain't got nothin' on us! This was literally the coldest day we had had in weeks at a whopping -4 degree temp (not including an even colder windchill)! Since this was our very first shoot, I hadn't really thought through the outfits enough to pick and choose the warmest ones for a day as cold as this, but nonetheless, we persevered and got almost all of them complete! Keeping warm in between shoots in our car, we jumped around from street-to-street in Downtown Wayzata looking for interesting backdrops and naturally well lit places. I learned a lot that day about the importance of good preparation and took that to heart with the follow-up shoots.
- Photoshoot Day 2
- Date: Early March
- Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
- The Details: This day was only a tad warmer than our first shoot at about 20 degrees with lots of snow in certain areas of the city. We drove around and walked around from block to block trying to locate ornate backdrops that were as unique as the outfits themselves.
- Photoshoot Day 3
- Date: Mid March
- Location: Excelsior, MN
- The Details: The weather was unseasonably warm at a balmy 65 degrees with sunshine and a heavy breeze. We got a good amount of different shots on the books, although the wind proved to be a bit of a challenge sometimes. I had my partners in crime with me (my "seesters", as I call them) and we really had a blast!
THE PHOTO BLOG: The pride and joys of my closet are all on display! A total of 13 fashion photo posts were shared this month! Whoop!
THE ROSY DETAILS: In addition to the photo blog, I knew I wanted a separate place to share my thoughts and insights on not just fashion, but namely anything that sparks my inner soul. Two Rosy Details posts were shared this month! More to come, I promise!
SARAH RILEY ROSE - SHOUTOUTS:
- A huge shoutout to my sister Danielle, who is a killer force with the camera lens. She's currently studying graphic design but she is a woman of many talents and has been a super fun companion to this whole endeavor. I wound't be doing this without her!
- Another shoutout to my gal pal, Kendra M., who is my spirit sister when it comes to all things fashion and style. She completely inspired me to pursue this passion of mine and I'm so, so happy she did!
- Kudos to my middle sister, Val, who is just an all-around great gem-of-a-woman to have around on shoot days - she makes Danielle and I laugh when we start to take things too seriously.
HERE'S TO THE FUTURE: I am so excited about what has been accomplished during this first month live. I cannot wait to see what new things I learn and what new things inspire me throughout this journey. If you have any insights for me or fun ideas of things you would like to see represented in this blog, always feel free to reach out via email at email@example.com.
Cheers to the now and cheers to all that's to come!
Reign on! XO, SarahRileyRose